Jacqueline is a local dentist who qualified from Trinity College Dublin in 2013 with an Honours degree in Dental Science. She then moved to the UK where she completed two further years of training as part of the Kent Surrey Sussex Deanery. During this time she worked in a mixed NHS and private practice in Kent, followed by a year as a Senior House Officer with the Maxillofacial team in the world-renowned Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
During this surgical training year, Jacqueline developed her surgical skills and gained lots of experience with removing teeth in patients with complex medical histories and performing surgical extractions. There was a strong emphasis on the treatment of cancer of the head and neck also.
While in the UK, Jacqueline completed a Diploma in Primary Dental Care, which is affiliated with the University of Kent. She also gained her MFDS qualification in 2015 and became a member of The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
Upon returning to Ireland, Jacqueline has worked full-time in her native Ennis, Co. Clare in The Ennis Dental Health Centre, which is a busy general dental practice that serves the county of Clare.
- Jacqueline enjoys treating patients of all ages, including children and patients with varying dental treatment needs.
- She is particularly gentle and caring in her approach and ensures that patients are at ease during their dental treatment. She is especially good at treating patients who may be nervous.
- Jacqueline has completed further training in the provision of Root Canal Treatment (Endodontics).
- She holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Endodontics with the University of Chester, which she completed in 2018.
- Jacqueline enjoys keeping up to date with the latest techniques and advances in the provision of dental treatment and regularly attends courses and further training in both the UK and Ireland.
- Jacqueline is also a member of the Irish Dental Association.
Dental Nurse and Receptionist
Taylor graduated with her dental nursing qualification from Letterkenny Institute of Technology in 2018.
Taylor is the first friendly face that you will meet before your dental appointment. Taylor is extremely kind and always aims to accommodate our patients when they phone for an appointment. Taylor is happy to help you with any queries that you may have.
Dental Nurse and Receptionist
Tommy joined the practice in September 2021. He works in the surgery assisting as a dental nurse and also works in reception. Tommy is very friendly and has been a great addition to the team.
Tommy graduated from Drogheda Institute of Further Education with a Diploma in Dental Nursing. Tommy has a wealth of experience working as an entertainer in previous jobs. He is great at making our patients feel at ease and comfortable if they are nervous before an appointment.
Dr. John J. O’Callaghan
Dr. John J. O’Callaghan opened his dental practice at 119 O’Connell Street in October 1969. He worked here for 50 years until November 1st, 2019 when Jacqueline acquired the practice. Both John and Jacqueline have a similar approach to patient care and Jacqueline has carried on John’s practice with a similar ethos to that which John had.
Jacqueline is enjoying getting to know John’s patients and looks forward to meeting those that she has yet to meet, including new patients to the practice.